Audiophile Software Engineer (25429)
We are seeking an Audiophile Software Engineer to help bring new products to market. You would be working on both embedded components programmed in highly optimised C++, and desktop or server software using modern C++.
Typical tasks might include:
- Using MATLAB to develop algorithm that can then be implemented in C++
- Porting existing solutions to new processor architectures
- Root causes analysis and mitigation of issues
- Automated test development to ensure a high quality product
- Mentoring more junior team members
As a Senior Developer, you would be joining a small, friendly start-up company creating innovative high-end audio products. They are already commercially successful and have products available in the consumer electronics market. The team culture is supportive, sociable, and dynamic, with a flat management structure, comfortable well-appointed offices and a flexible approach to working hours.
Specific skills and experience:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in an applicable STEM subject from a good university
- Significant commercial software development experience including desktop and embedded systems. Linux, Windows and OS X are all relevant.
- Excellent coding skills including C, C++, and a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.), plus a solid understanding of audio or signal processing.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship
- MATLAB skills are a bonus but not essential.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Cambridgeshire, Audio, Signal Processing, C, C++, Python, Start-Up, Consumer-Electronics, Embedded, Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.