Applied Life Scientist (Consultant) (25473)
Many Life Science PhDs will continue down the research track either at an university or in industry with a biotech or pharma company – however, a small handful will be more invested in technology and applying their broad understanding to develop innovative tools and products.
If that latter description aptly describes you, please read on.
We’re working with scientific technology consultancy who work with a range of medical / healthcare / bio companies who are looking to create disruptive products used by researchers and scientists around the world (both in academia and industry). Their Biochemists work side-by-side with engineers and physical scientists to create new technology platforms and establish diagnostic tools. Projects will involve all stages of product development including market analysis, experimental validation and product release and thus combines a mix profile of scientist and entrepreneur.
- Strong academic background including a 1st / 2.1 in biochemistry or molecular biology (note we are looking for a solid base of understanding), coupled with an applied PhD in a relevant area.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in applied molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or protein chemistry (including publications).
- Commercial post-doctoral experience in applied product development projects such as synthetic biology tools, molecular diagnostics or cellular systems.
- Experience in technical leadership of sophisticated, complex projects.
- Strong communication skills – experience in consulting or collaborations with clients.
This is a hands-on role, needing an underlying curious nature about how things work and how to apply science within a technology / engineering context. In return, you will join a company who will support careers and provide an excellent remunerations package.
Keywords: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Synthetic Biology, Diagnostics, Technology Platforms, Innovation, Consultancy
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.