Mechanical Engineer / Manager (25503)
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Manager with a good track record of building a high performance and highly technical mechanical design team? You will naturally put in force a team with a strong focus on cost effective solutions whilst keeping very high quality standards. Technically you will lead the team in simulation / FEA methods for thermal, stress, electrostatic and dynamic analysis.
Your experience as a mechanical engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in mechatronic product development. The role offers an opportunity to remain hands-on whilst also running this small team of mechanical engineers. In summary your qualities as a Mechanical Engineer / Manager are:
- Significant commercial knowledge of complex electromechanical
- Understanding of thermal constraints and stress analysis
- Hands-on experience of simulation and FEA approaches
- Confidence in working in a talented multi-disciplinary team
- A strong academic background to provide the technical strength to run a bright team
- Active in providing technical leadership and driving new design approaches
- A keenness to be involved in defining technology roadmaps
- Always have an eye on Design for Manufacturability
- Knowledge and experience of design for regulatory approval
- Hands-on experience with SOLIDWORKS
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in Cambridge with free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where this particular product is designed solely in Cambridge.
Keywords: Mechanical Design, 3D CAD, SOLIDWORKS, Mechatronics, 19” rack systems, Fibre optics, Automated assembly, Thermal constraints, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.