ETL Developer (25526)
Now is a great time to join this high-performing Cambridge-based team developing state-of-the-art machine vision systems that will help revolutionise the way we live. With algorithms now being trialled in real-world situations there is a plethora of exciting challenges to be overcome. This is a great opportunity for a bright and experienced ETL Developer to make a major contribution to a project by building the data pipelines that will underpin this research.
As an ETL Developer you will work closely with colleagues from a range of disciplines working on various aspects of the technology. Your role will be to create robust, industrial strength software to efficiently manage vast data sets and prepare it as the raw material that fuels the development of improved vision algorithms, and more effective verification techniques.
You will need:
- Excellent academic qualifications with a 1st or 2.1 degree from a leading university in Computer Science, or similarly relevant subject
- Prior hands-on experience of building robust high volume data pipelines with an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) workflow
- Significant commercial experience as a software engineer using languages such as Python, Scala, or C++
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering best practice and ability to create well designed, testable, robust code.
- Excellent company, with a great team of likeminded genius-level colleagues
- Excellent salary, comprehensive benefits, great social scene, and free snacks
- Excellent prospects for career progression within an ambitious, growing company
- Multi-generational bragging rights that you helped bring this technology to fruition!
Worthy of further investigation? Send your CV to ECM Selection to find out more. Whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. (Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.)
Keywords: Data Engineer, Data Pipeline, ETL, Big Data, Statistics, Cambridge, Scala, Python, C++.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.