Electronic Systems Test Lead (25554)
As an engineer you will have a broad electronics background and some elements of software test as well. This is a great opportunity to build up the test environment for a young start-up with a highly-skilled multi-disciplinary team. You will be a self-starter, confident enough to set the direction of testing taking full ownership. You will be given autonomy to research, recommend and implement solutions that solve the challenges as you design, develop and build the systems that are the heart of their characterisation and test facility.
This Cambridge based start-up is developing a leading edge sensor for the consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial markets. They work with Tier 1 OEMs who adopt their technologies into products worldwide.
You will need to have a good degree along with significant commercial experience of the following:
- An overall understanding of analogue and digital design
- Getting your own prototypes built (this is a start-up)
- An analytical approach to understanding fundamental test equipment behaviour
- Experience in writing automated instrument control software and data analysis scripts
- Knowledge of Python and MATLAB are essential
Experience on the following will be beneficial but not essential:
- Experience with low-noise measurement techniques and piezoelectric devices
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills, coupled with a well-focussed attention to detail
- Fluency in either Mandarin Chinese or German language to help with conference calls
In addition to your technical excellence, you will need good communication skills, to show initiative, make decisions, and operate in a team. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up based in Cambridge, with the benefit of share options along with a good salary.
Keywords: Hardware test, Software test, Analogue, Digital, Python, MATLAB, Sensors, Mechatronics actuators, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.