Lead / Senior Applied Laser Scientist (25557)
Based in the heart of technology innovation in Europe, this spinout company is looking to commercialise breakthrough technology to enable faster diagnostics to replace standard biopsy evaluation processes. Their systems are based on fast pulse lasers (picosecond range) to modulate label-free imaging. This team in Cambridge will work side-by-side with their other European located team to develop instrumentation for the lasers and detection system. They are keen to hire a Senior Physicist to join them in this leadership role.
- Experience of developing tunable fibre-lasers or non-linear optics.
- Experience of mode lock lasers technology.
- Exposure to Raman spectroscopy technologies would be desirable.
- PhD holder in a relevant field (optics, physics or similar).
- Postdoc or commercial experience in a relevant area would be advantageous.
- Able to lead technical multi-disciplinary projects.
- Understanding of medical device development regulations would be beneficial.
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment.
- Able to travel on occasion (to Europe and Asia).
- Looking for a senior leadership role that is still technical.
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Physicist to take a lead role in designing and developing the technology and platform systems. If it sounds of interest, and you have the experience, please send us your CV – please include a relevant publications list.
Keywords: Lasers / Optics Systems, Picoseconds, Synchronised Pulsing, High-Speed, Spin Out / Prototyping, Cancer Diagnostics, Medical Applications
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.