Senior Embedded Software Engineer (25673)
This early-stage company with robust commercial funding is developing a multidisciplinary approach to rapid biological analysis. They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take the lead in embedded software development for their novel hand-held medical device; this device will be used in primary care settings to provide rapid and accurate diagnosis of viruses. The current pandemic has revealed the importance of responsive testing; hence there’s never been a better time to be involved in this important work.
You will be an experienced Software Engineer with experience in developing embedded real-time software for control systems. Experience working within medical regulations is preferred; other commercial regulated software development would also be considered.
- 1st or 2.1 degree from a well-ranked university in physics, electronics engineering, software engineering or similar
- Clear evidence of developing real-time software for embedded control systems in C/C++
- Experience writing embedded software in a commercial and regulated environment
- Good understanding of electronics, understanding how software interfaces with the hardware.
- A strong team-working ethic with the ability to communicate well with your colleagues and customers
The team are multidisciplinary, so experience working with electronics, mechanics and life sciences would be useful and this relates to communicating with technical people of different disciplines.
In return, you’ll be joining a progressive, forward-thinking company who are genuinely contributing to people’s health and well-being.
Keywords: Medical Software, Embedded Devices, ISO 13485, C, C++, Control Systems, Hardware, RTOS, Instrumentation, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.