Project Manager - Maths Modelling Development (25679)
A well-funded start-up company, spun out from the University of Cambridge, is seeking an experienced Project Manager to aid in the development of their unique maths modelling product. The product helps international corporations quantifiably predict and prepare for a wide range of potential risks that could detrimentally affect their business. The risks could include: increasing costs, competition, damage to brand value, cyber threats, or even more far reaching risks such as climate change, geopolitical events, and health shocks, such as a pandemic. The demand for their product is rapidly increasing during these uncertain times as businesses realise its relevance and value.
The main activities the Project Manager would undertake involve ensuring the software product development is achieved on time and in budget and successful client relationships are nurtured. The role requires coordination of multiple tracks of consultancy work with clients, production and oversight of mathematical models, research and data gathering, documentation and report writing, software development, and prototyping and release control. Managing people is central to this.
You will be expected to have the following skills and experience for this role:
- A good engineering, science (STEM) degree (2:1 or above).
- Project Management experience, which may be from a software development, product management, or another technical field with a product focus.
- Previous proven success in a business product development capacity, showing experience of creating and developing desirable new software related products that deliver business benefits to customers.
- Previous experience leading a small technical team and managing small-medium sized software projects.
- A good knowledge of technical areas including project management tools, software as a service, and version control.
- Diligence and excellent organisational skills.
You must also have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction, or sponsorship.
The company is based in modern well equipped offices, located near the main railway station in Cambridge. They offer the chance to work with a highly motivated and intelligent multi-discipline team, as well as benefits such as stock options, pension scheme and a commitment to gender diversity.
Keywords: Project Management, Maths Modelling, Python, Risk Management, SaaS, Version Control, Team Leading, Client Facing, Product Development, Software Development
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.