Technical Service and Support Engineer (25692)
This established scientific product company develops desktop instruments used in laboratories for research. As their products are adopted, they are looking for an Engineer to join their Service and Support team to work closely with their customers. Responsibilities would include: installations, repair, preventative maintenance, system upgrades, and customer training. It is expected that members of this team would get first hand feedback from customers and this could input further development and documentation.
- Industry experience as a Service Engineer with specific experience with laboratory instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of electronics, control systems, optics, fluidics and pneumatics.
- Experience with engineering drawings, and wiring schematics.
- Good communication skills including written English. Must be able to establish a good customer rapport, and write up technical reports.
- Must hold a full driving licence and passport (must be able to pass a CRB and extensive reference check).
- Must be able to travel (within the UK and internationally).
- Qualifications in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
This is a hands-on, physical role, so interested applicants should be able to work independently at client sites. In return, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Keywords: Scientific Instrumentation, Installations, Service, Repairs, Training, Controls Systems, Optics, Electronics, Fluidics, UK and Overseas Travel
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.