Systems Engineer - control systems (25717)
Are you an enthusiastic engineer or physicist with some commercial experience in product development and looking for a new high-tech challenge in a stimulating environment?
Our client is a pioneer of an innovative technology platform for high precision controls and positioning for miniaturised engineering. They work in several familiar application areas, creating products that provide features such as blur-free camera images and responsive haptic actuators
This Systems Engineer role will suit an academically-strong engineer or physicist who wishes to work in a cohesive and skilled team across the whole product development cycle, from concept design, build and test of control algorithms and actuator technology, to interfacing with clients.
- Solid academic background – 1st / high 2.1 in Physics or Engineering from a top ranked university (with A/A* A-levels in physics and maths)
- Strong experience in hands-on experimental design where you can demonstrate a build of instrumentation, microprocessors, control systems, or test-rigs
- A broad spectrum of skills covering electronics, physics, mechanics and software
- Strong problem solving skills
- Additional skills with MATLAB or Python would be advantageous.
Candidates with similar experimental skills within PhD research are also of interest.
This is an exciting applied role, where you can develop your skills expect to work on interesting multidisciplinary projects and gain responsibilities. An excellent salary is on offer.
1st / 2.1 PhD, Physics, Control Systems, Engineering, Electronics, Software, Design / Development / Build / Test
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.