Biological Scientist (25734)
Housed in specialised labs and offices, this (non-university) spin-out company was created to commercialise existing expertise in hand-held instrumentation and molecular assay development. They are bringing together complementary technologies to build fast, cost-efficient instrumentation for healthcare and medical applications. A key area is tackling viral infections through sensitive diagnosis.
The company wishes to recruit a hands-on Biological Scientist to show proof-of-principles, demonstrate prototype capabilities and devise practical engineering solutions. As part of a small team, the Biological Scientist will work closely with colleagues in the engineering team, contributing to product development.
- Excellent academic background including a PhD in microbiology, molecular biology or similar.
- Significant hands-on experience working with microbiological samples.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, nucleic acid extraction and quantification.
- Evidence of experimental design.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative team-working ethic.
- Ideally will have experience with working to ISO13485 standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Biological Scientist to genuinely contribute to public health and well-being. In return, as well as working on challenging problems, there is an excellent remuneration package on offer.
Keywords: Molecular Diagnostics, Assay Development, Diagnostics, Medical Devices, Viral Infections, Detection, PCR, Instrumentation, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.