Senior / Principal Electronics Engineer (25737)
This is a chance to put your analogue and digital skills to work on a precise and very fine mechatronic product which enjoys a niche in its market place. The next product in the range requires a full rethink to the design, hence will cover the complete design cycle from concept through to manufacturing release.
You will need to demonstrate a strong academic background from a world leading university in a relevant subject related to electronics, along with hardware architecture and system design especially:
- Strong digital and analogue circuit design skills
- Knowledge of DAC/ADC, sensors, low-noise/low-power amplifier and power circuits
- Experience in developing scalable and robust hardware
- Exposure to modelling tools to validate designs and concepts
- Knowledge of product qualification processes
- Also advantageous to be able to write the firmware for your designs
There is an opportunity to progress into the leadership role of the Hardware Design Team, so an aptitude and interest in leadership is desirable. You will join a team of friendly, multi-disciplinary engineers working in a global company where this particular product is designed solely in Cambridge.
Keywords: Analogue, digital, high-speed digital design, DSP, FPGA, VHDL, Firmware, embedded systems, photonic, EMC, CE/UL, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.