DevOps Engineer (25789)
Our client is a successful Cambridge-based start-up looking to expand their engineering team. Their product is already on the market and is installed in a multitude of equipment across the globe. They are now seeking to further improve their systems for software development and cloud-based distribution, so this is an excellent opportunity for a creative DevOps Engineer with proven expertise to make a major contribution to their future growth.
Typically, this role might entail:
- Improving their CI/CD pipeline and deployment infrastructure, designing and developing new capabilities as needed.
- Working with software developers to manage deployments and troubleshoot any issues
- Maintaining/creating operations documentation
- Creating tools and documentation to help streamline and where possible automate their operations.
For success in this role, you will need a high level of proficiency with the following:
- Linux and the ability to write Bash scripts
- Programming skills with Python
- Docker or similar technology.
- Git, build systems (e.g. Make, CMake etc.), and Jenkins
The role is based in the company’s spacious offices in central Cambridge. This company is not able to offer sponsorship so you will need full existing permission to live and work in the UK.
Keywords: DevOps, Linux, Git, Python, Jenkins, CI/CD, build system, Docker, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.