Production Manager (25809)
This innovative, growing company specialises in the development of solutions for high technology industrial machines. These are low volume and high value systems. They are building up their production facility with a brand new production line. Initial units are already with customers but these have been constructed in more of an R&D environment. As the Production Manager you will be involved in evolving their production facility, shaping the organisation from the ground up. This is a start-up so a hands-on approach will be appreciated.
You need to have a good educational background to be able to stand your ground with a very bright R&D team and handle their very high-tech machine. Your technical skills should ideally include a broad knowledge across many of the following areas:
- A very strong understanding of low volume, high value production techniques
- Exposure to producing precision-machinery (moving parts and high pressure fluid flow)
- Hands-on use of ERP systems and working to ISO9001
- Shop-floor management, planning machine builds and reporting progress
- Working closely with R&D teams, providing feedback to the design
- An understanding of start-up environments and a desire to work in one
The role will appeal to a manufacturing specialist wishing to grow a production environment from prototype to series production. This company offers excellent benefits and the backing of a well establish parent company.
Keywords: Production, Mechanical, Electronics, Lean manufacturing, MRP, ERP, SAP, ISO9001, DfMA, Cambridge area
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.