Senior Hardware Engineer (25810)
This is a great opportunity to influence the early design of an electronic sensor as part of a highly-skilled multi-disciplinary team within a young start-up. You will be a self-starter, confident enough to set the direction and have a natural desire to innovate. As an engineer you will have a broad electronics background.
This Cambridge based start-up is developing a leading edge sensor for the consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial markets. They work with Tier 1 OEMs who adopt their technologies into products worldwide.
You will need to have a good degree along with significant knowledge of the following:
- An overall understanding of analogue, mixed-signal and low-noise design
- Getting your own prototypes built (this is a start-up)
- Wide knowledge of electronics design software
- An analytical approach to understanding fundamental equipment behaviour
- Exposure to writing automated instrument control and characterisation scripts
- Low-noise measurement techniques and possibly piezoelectric devices
Fluency in either Mandarin Chinese or German language will be beneficial but not essential to help with conference calls.
In addition to your technical excellence, you will need good communication skills, to show initiative, make decisions, and operate in a team. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up based in Cambridge, with the benefit of a competitive salary, bonus, holiday and pension.
Keywords: Hardware Design, Analogue, Mixed-signal, Low-noise, Sensors, Altium, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.