Applied Cell Biologist (25851)
This scientific start-up is growing and is recruiting for their Life Science team. They seek a hands-on Applied Cell Biologist to join them and work on a range of projects including the development of complex protocols and cellular biology tools for applied diagnostics and drug discovery.
The team work collaboratively to develop market-driven innovations with a core focus on complex cell analysis technology for clinical therapies. A key aspect will be to develop pilot procedures and create meaningful scientific workflows.
- Strong academic background including 1st / 2.1 in biochemistry or physics from a top ranked university AND a PhD involved in cell biology.
- Led scientific projects and experience in self-directing work.
- Extensive lab experience with general cell / tissue culture protocols (up to cat. Level 2).
- Experience with cell line model development including optimisation of cell culturing conditions.
- Experience with 3D cultures (spheroids or organoids)
- Additional experience with: molecular biology (qPCR, single cell sequencing); immuno-oncology; or testing of biologic drugs on cells would be desirable.
- Experience with fluorescence-based assays or high-throughput screening would be beneficial.
Applicants with a multidisciplinary scientific background are warmly invited to apply. As this is a collaborative team, such profiles are of interest. It is expected that applicants will have strong communication skills as you will be working with people from different disciplines. In return, as well as working on innovative projects, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Keywords: PhD / Postdoc, Tissue Culture, 3D Models, Development Cell Lines / Optimisation, Sequencing, High-throughput, Instrumentation, Assay Development
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.