Data Scientist (25865)
This role brings a superb opportunity to apply your expertise in data science to optimisation and modelling for renewable energy.
The climate change crisis has led to massive changes in energy supply, both in terms of the source and the efficiency. Alongside a switch to renewable resources, energy companies are keenly aware of the value of balancing price and availability of supply. There are diverse and complex parameters affecting renewable energy supply and this company works to provide insight and forecasts that enable success.
This is an exciting new role to expand the in-house research and development, working alongside experts in the sector. You will work within a cohesive team to extract insight from data, developing forecasts and models for energy generation and pricing using meteorological information.
To contribute successfully to this highly motivated team, you will have the following attributes:
- 1st or 2.1 degree in physics, maths, engineering or computer science from a highly-ranked world-class university
- Commercial experience of data science techniques with proven ability to design and implement data science research
- Fluent R or Python programming
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic real-world team environment with the ability contribute ideas
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
Candidates with existing experience within energy trading are of particular interest.
This company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment in the centre of Bristol. In return, you will receive an excellent salary with top-notch benefits and the chance to use your initiative in data science research.
Keywords: R, Python, statistics, SQL, renewable energy, data engineering, data science, research, forecasting, maths modelling, Bristol.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.