Scientific Software Bioinformatician (25968)
Born out of a mission to improve the lives of cancer patients, this Cambridge company is pooling the talents of their scientific and engineering team to develop relevant technology products. Their culture is built on collaboration and teamwork, working towards defined goals within a supportive environment.
They currently are looking for a Scientific Software Bioinformatician to join them. This role works closely with the company’s data science and software applications, and would play a pivotal part in further developing their growing portfolio of bioinformatic solutions. This would include developing concepts, clinical validation all the way to product launch.
- Demonstrable background in computational biology (could be through a postdoc or relevant industry experience). Applicants must have a 1st / 2.1 degree in bioinformatics, biology, maths, software or similar.
- Extensive demonstrable scientific software development experience with Python and ideally C, C++ or R.
- Project experience with NGS data analysis.
- Software development or architecting exposure to cloud-based solutions such as AWS would be desirable.
- Complete understanding of the software development life-cycle ideally within a regulated environment.
- Any experience with cancer genomics or variant calling pipelines (such as WES) would be beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a meaningful scientific project within a multidisciplinary team, and be supported within a nurturing environment. Further, flexible working is possible although applicants would be expected to be in the office in Cambridge part of the week.
Keywords: Computational Biology, Data Analytics, Bioinformatics, Python, C / C++, R, Genetics, Cancer Modelling, Cloud Products, Software Tools
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.