Scientific Software Developer (26025)
A prestigious research centre is seeking a skilled software engineer to bring their skills to bear on cutting edge research. An engineering rather than research role, you will work on a range of projects relating to image processing and computer vision.
You will have:
- A good technical degree in a relevant subject, backed by strong A-level grades.
- Intellectual curiosity, drive, energy and reasoning skills.
- Team working and an interest in working alongside researchers with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong algorithm development skills.
- Extensive software engineering ability, which you may have gained via a variety of means, for example in an academic context (perhaps in building software underpinning a PhD) or commercial work.
- The ability to create software systems to manage and process data at scale. This will likely include knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
And one or more of the following specialisations:
- Python programming for server-side development (this may possibly include web frameworks such as Django).
- Low level software development in C, C++ or Rust.
Additional familiarity with - or interest in - image processing, computer vision, machine learning, open source, LabView and/or big data is beneficial.
This role will initially be a fixed term contract for 3+ years, with the potential to become a permanent position at that time. Salary is competitive and benefits are excellent.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.