Technical Programme Manager (26032)
If you have exemplary communication skills, enjoy creating and managing teams in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and ensuring clients’ product development objectives are achieved, this Cambridge company could offer you that excellent opportunity .
Our client, a world leader in innovative technology-based communications, are looking for an experienced Programme Manager. You will manage challenging and often complex product developments for clients in a wide range of market sectors, covering the full Product Development Lifecycle from concept to manufacture. You will work closely with clients and technical colleagues to define a programme of work, after which you will manage that project to conclusion – taking responsibility for achieving the project objectives within time and budget.
Programme Managing development projects, typically consisting of multidisciplinary teams (including software, digital signal processing, RF, hardware, mechanics and production engineering).
Supporting the sales process, you will work with a small group to define a programme of work which solves a specific client need, for an agreed budget in an agreed time.
You will then lead a team of talented engineers to deliver that programme through the complete development lifecycle, from requirements definition through to final delivery. Your specific responsibilities will be to track progress, monitor spend, keep the client informed of progress and ensure that risks and issues are managed along the way. Projects will typically be up to £10M in value.
With a good degree in Engineering or Science, you will have substantial experience managing projects covering the full product development lifecycle. Other requirements include:
- Understanding of the product development process
- Experience in managing products into manufacture
- Experienced in managing multi-disciplinary NPD projects (RF, analogue, digital, software, mechanics)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong financial control – both in estimating costs, and in tracking spend against plan
The following are an advantage:
- Direct client facing experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the wireless regulatory and type approval environment
- Awareness of Project Management best practices (e.g. APM)
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.