People at ecm.
Here are the backgrounds of some of our consultants. Since we all work collaboratively across each of the disciplines for which we recruit, these are illustrative of our collective experience, rather than areas of individual specialty.
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering (Sheffield), MSc in Microelectronics (UCL), Chartered Engineer. Early career was spent as an Officer with the Royal Air Force. Over 23 years’ recruitment experience with ECM.
- BA in Chemistry (Oxford), MSc Computing (Imperial), worked as a Software Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, then consultant technical author at various companies in UK and overseas. 20 years’ recruitment experience with ECM.
- BSc in Biochemistry and PhD (Imperial), MPhil in Technology Policy (Cambridge). Scientific research experience in UK and Canada including published projects in cancer biology. Cross-disciplinary industry recruitment experience with ECM.
- BSc (1st Hons) Applied Computing and over a decade as a software developer, sometime architect, team lead and project manager. Experience includes high-performance distributed systems, end user software for technical users, graphics, animation and video games. 8 years’ recruitment experience with ECM.
- A control systems degree led to 15 years designing digital audio mixing consoles, starting with automating moving faders. A move to design services consultancy progressed into wireless comms technologies and project management of DSP, electronics and software teams. Significant recruitment activity over ten years provided the stepping stone to working at ECM since 2012.
- Originally studied a BSc in electrical engineering (Imperial). Went directly into software engineering, working initially in London, then Brussels for a software consultancy. A return to the UK was combined with part-time work at two Cambridge companies (product company and technical consultancy), before taking a break. Returned to full-time work and a welcome career change to recruitment in 2013.
- BSc in Physics (Leicester). Began as a Fortran developer in the defence and space industry, later moving into telecoms and automotive as an embedded C developer. Two years’ recruitment experience with ECM.
- BSc in Chemistry (Exeter). Commercial career includes working in the Research and Development department of a major multi-national company on CVD diamond (7 years). This was followed by joining an early stage start-up to work on hydrophobic nano-coatings for consumer electronics (8 years), involving supporting transfer to production in the USA and China. Approximately two years’ of recruitment experience with ECM.