Technical Sales Engineer (Physics / Maths) (21781)
Our client is the UK office of a multinational scientific software modelling company, providing unique solutions to enable complex mathematical engineering simulations for a range of physics applications. Their technical sales team (staffed with physicists, mathematicians and PhDs) is expanding to meet new market demands, and are looking for their next colleague. The team combine their technical background and people skills to help their customers understand how to best utilise the range of product solutions in order for them to reduce design timelines and overall modelling costs, as well as improve efficiency. Much of the work will stem from an innate curiosity about technology and engineering as well as a good appreciation of business.
- Degree qualified (1st / 2nd Class) in Engineering, Physics or Life Sciences (you’ll be expected to have A-level understanding of Maths). Other disciplines will be considered, but candidates must evidence a strong interest in engineering / physics in their CV and at interview.
- Sales experience, ideally of engineering related products but again other areas will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills in person and on the phone, as well as concise writing skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the innate ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Experience with computer modelling or FEA analysis would be advantageous.
- The role is office based, but there is occasional travel (mostly day-trips, less frequently overnight trips) one or two days every fortnight.
Interested candidates are encouraged to “sell their application” to us.
Please note that only candidates already eligible to work in the UK long-term will be considered. For the successful person, they can expect to work with like-minded peers, work in a team environment, be given distinct responsibilities and accounts and be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package.
1st / 2nd Class, Engineering / Physics / Sciences, Sales, Client-facing, Maths Modelling.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.