Vibrant Cambridge ISV seeking a developer or similar individual with a current technical background in the Microsoft ecosystem, to work closely with software engineers (as peers and clients, not employees) in high tech markets.
This company produces top tier software for developers and other software engineering professionals. As they expand into new markets, and further develop existing product lines, they need a technically savvy, user-focused product manager to join their product management team, who can see the big picture and take an evidentiary approach to software evolution.
You do not need substantial product management experience. You do need:
- A top degree (1st or 2:1) in computer science or a related subject from a world class university
- A technical background in software; you are not foxed at interview by people discussing call stacks, keep-alive headers or relational schemas, and you can put technical terms in context
- Continuous commercial experience in the software industry in a technical role
- First-hand experience with numerous Microsoft technologies
- Commercial awareness – even if you don’t know the specifics of a particular software marketplace, who the major players are and the comparable feature sets of their products, you’re keen to bone up ahead of any interview in your own time
- To be a people person – your first concern is not about shipping SCUs; it’s about empirically showing how you can make people’s lives easier by giving them great tools to work with
- To be as concerned with asking questions, and challenging assumptions, as you are about finding the answers. (But you will find the answers!)
This is a rare and challenging role with one of the best companies in their field. A highly competitive salary with benefits are on offer to the right candidate.
Keywords: technical background, software industry, product management, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.