Consultant Mechanical Engineers (23719)
Our client is an expanding, highly professional and award-winning technical consultancy developing state of the art new products.
Due to growth, they are now seeking experienced Mechanical Engineers.
Working within our client's multidisciplinary teams on major development projects, you will be responsible for developing mechanical designs for a range of products and processes in the healthcare, consumer, industrial and energy sectors. Your challenge is to solve some of the most intractable of problems. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market, making a real difference.
You can offer:
- 1st or 2.1 in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university
- Strong creative and technical abilities in many of the following: Concept generation; System level design; Engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; Prototyping and lab testing; Materials selection; Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems; Design for high and low volume manufacturing; Design for high reliability; Launch into manufacture; Manufacturing support; Manufacturing processes; Injection moulding
- Excellent presentation skills and effective communicator
- Ability to manage day-to-day client relationships whilst project leading, responsible for quality, profit and planning
- A commercial awareness in technical / design consultancy, tech start-up or new product development
- Evidence of project leadership with good analytical and creative capabilities
- Strong drive to rapidly develop further technical, project leadership and sales skills
- Bright, conscientious and creative, able to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
Our client offers a stimulating work environment in an exceptional location close to Cambridge, with excellent benefits and career development prospects.
Contact ECM Selection directly for full details of this exciting new opportunity.
Keywords: Consultant Mechanical Engineer, concept generation, mechanism design, materials selection, systems analysis, DfM, high volume manufacture, 3D CAD, mechanical engineering, technical consultancy, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.