Design Engineering Technical Lead (23858)
Summary: Experienced and Enthusiastic Design Engineering Lead, Precision Opto-Mechanical Design, Customer-facing, Oxford, £Superb + bens.
This growing company specialises in the development of high quality, bespoke designs for opto-mechanical systems. As they expand into a new application area, working in Virtual and Augmented Reality, they seek a Design Engineering Lead who will act as the technical authority for complex mechanical design.
This new role of Design Engineering Lead will be responsible for the overall design process, from collaboration with customers to evolve the initial product definition through to prototype development and product manufacture.
As well as taking a hands-on technical role, the Design Engineering Lead will have excellent customer-facing skills, including presentation and management. The company operates with an egalitarian environment; hence a positive and enthusiastic outlook is key, together with the ability to contribute selflessly to the overall company progress.
- Good degree in an engineering or science subject (e.g. physics, mechanical engineering, maths) from a well-ranked university
- Hands-on experience of working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environment; a technical consultancy background would be of interest
- Experience of team leading and management
- Superb communication skills both with colleagues and external customers
In addition, knowledge of the following technical areas would be of interest:
- Electronics and electro-mechanical systems
- Control algorithms
- Working according to ISO13485, FDA 21 CFR standards
This key role is to be part of an exciting, growing company at the forefront of their sector. They are based in smart high-tech offices just outside Oxford and include many benefits in the competitive salary package.
Some international travel will be required.
Keywords: Mechanical design, prototypes, customer liaison, medical devices, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.