A rare opportunity for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join a hardware development team in Central London and help design, verify and productise hardware designs.
With an excellent degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering from a top university, you will have since gained significant commercial experience working on leading edge product development or PCB development in the telecoms, data comms or aerospace industry.
Essential skills / experience:
- Analogue and digital design from specification, design through to test and manufacture.
- Experience in being part of small teams to deliver PCB board-level development projects on time and to budget.
- Familiarity with schematic capture tools (Altium), symbol generation and layout of high-speed multi-layer PCBs including micro-via technology and controlled impedance traces.
- Ability to capture requirements and distil them into a written specification.
- Knowledge of ARM / ARM CORTEX family of microprocessors and processor sub-system design.
- Knowledge of designing point-of-load power supply designs (linear and switching regulators).
Desirable skills / experience:
- Micro-controllers (Microchip PIC family) and Ethernet switches.
- Ability to liaise with and manage layout engineers and fabrication, assembly and test houses.
- Designing for test - DFM/DFT for volume manufacture.
- Knowledge of the product approvals process to meet CE, EN and DO-160 approvals (emissions, susceptibility, environmental).
- Designing hardware for either automotive or aerospace applications.
A self starter, you will have excellent communication skills, a flexible can-do attitude, and the ability to work independently.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.