Bright Technical Support Engineer (23955)
Can you offer a strong technical knowledge of 3D Printing / CAD / PC based systems and networks, along with excellent communication skills?
This is a superb opportunity for a bright Technical Support Engineer to provide technical assistance on a 3D Printing / CAD software product suite to customers and resellers, and to liaise internally with the R&D team and field engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling support queries for the software via the phone / email and to analyse, track and resolve these in a professional, timely manner.
- Liaise with the Software Development, Quality Assurance and Product Definition teams to investigate and resolve problems.
- Capture enhancement requests and feedback from customers
- Continuously improve documentation and knowledge bases
- Assist with product and market research
- Assist with the beta testing of new product features
We expect you to have:
- Formal qualifications (BSc, MSc or equivalent) in engineering or similar
- Three years industrial experience in a design, engineering, or manufacturing environment along extensive experience in a customer facing role.
- Strong familiarity with 3D CAD / 3D technical software and an understanding of 3D printing.
- Good working knowledge of PC-based computer systems and networks.
- Experience with technical support and software defect ticketing systems.
- Clear communication skills in English are a must.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Great problem solving and technical skills.
- Deep customer empathy and ability to identify customer needs.
Any experience with HelpScout and/or JIRA (or similar ticketing systems), general programming skills, and other languages, including German, would be beneficial.
In addition to a competitive salary the role offers an excellent benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlements and health cover.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.