Consultancy product development background is essential for this Business Development Manager position. The product area is focused on the audio, wearable, gaming, wellness and sports & fitness sectors.
This company employs the brightest engineers, so you will probably have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree to be able to keep up with the team. Earlier in your career you will have been an electronics engineer or software developer, since then your commercial experience will provide you with evidence you possess the following attributes:
- Experience in a technical product development environment
- Contract negotiation experience
- Account management experience
- Proven ability and track record of success in growing and developing accounts
- Experience of creating successful high volume products consumers
- Experience working in a technology based product environment – an ability to work well with technologists including software engineers (embedded and server), mechanical designers, electronics engineers as well as mathematicians and physicists
- Connected system experience - you will have worked on wirelessly connected systems
- Professional services experience
This is a superb opportunity to build on your established career in product support with a successful high-tech company, offering full career progression and encouragement to grow the business area within the company. You will be working closely with the development team.
Keywords: Customer facing, Software, Electronics, consumer hi-tech goods, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.