As a Mechanical Engineer you will be a creative person who enjoys instigating novel ideas and taking them from prototype to manufacture. This company provides consultancy services and also has its own product range, where their products often form part of the solution for the client. You will work alongside a diverse team and the ability to contribute to software and electronics development will be a distinct advantage.
This company employs the brightest engineers, as the Mechanical Engineer you will have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree and possibly a PhD. Your commercial experience will provide the evidence you possess the following attributes:
- Significant CAD experience including FEA / simulation (SolidWorks and/or ProE/Creo)
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes including injection moulding, casting, machining, stamping, coil winding
- Solid first principle understanding and strong mathematical analysis
- Hands on experience workshop tools and designing parts for harsh environments
- Exposure to high voltage / high current electrical designs
This is a superb opportunity to build on your mechanical background, providing some opportunity for travel (optional). The company will offer you a leading hands-on opportunity in the design and development of high performance sensor measurement and control systems. There is a good team spirit in this company and the advantage of working on many green / sustainability related projects.
Keywords: mechanical design, mechatronics, customer facing, green, sustainability, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.