Process / Manufacturing Manager - Leadership (24198)
This new role is for a hands-on Process / Manufacturing Engineer ready to step into a leadership position; this is to develop the process engineering capability of our client’s novel designs working across high-tech and consumer application areas. The R&D team is creating innovative solutions to bring a game-changing development to the VR and AR markets, as well as honing their existing specialist optics technologies.
There are a number of new projects with extensive prototyping underway. This new role will be to lead through example on the development of the manufacturing process technology, working closely with the design teams on a hands-on basis to develop the next generation products.
- Good degree in an engineering or science subject from a well-ranked university
- Hands-on experience of working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to display a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes, specifically concerning the production of high tolerance precision devices
- Experience in leading a small team of hands-on engineers
- Background in advising on high precision prototype development, such as medical devices, small electro-mechanical devices or optical systems
- Experience in working with external suppliers of process equipment, production tooling
- Excellent communication skills including presentations to customers and colleagues
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer or Senior Engineer to join this exciting company with genuine plans for considerable revenue increase over the coming year. The company is at the forefront of their sector and are already engaged with successful worldwide clients. The dedicated management team have a positive and enthusiastic approach to R&D, leading to the success of their new and existing products.
Some international travel may be required.
Keywords: Prototype, manufacturing processes, team lead, plastics, fluids, optics, thin-film, ultrasonic welding, client-facing, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.