Mechanical Engineer (24199)
Our client is developing new products in a novel application area and seeks a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding team. The role involves developing precision components and sub-assemblies involving plastics, fluids and membranes, optical components and precision mechanisms. Knowledge of one or more of these areas is required.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and early-stage development of prototypes for new projects. The role will involve close collaboration with both external clients and internal teams, hence requires a confident communicator.
This is a superb opportunity for a technically astute mechanical engineer, experimental physicist or materials scientist with evidence of working in a commercial high-tech multidisciplinary environment. The client has a typical high-tech style with an open culture and positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Good degree in an engineering or science subject (e.g. physics, materials science, mechanical engineering) from a well-ranked university
- Hands-on experience of working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environment; a consultancy background would be of interest
- Demonstrable design experience of inventive mechanical solutions and realising as prototypes
- Good knowledge of CAD, preferably using SolidWorks, following best practices
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues and external customers
This key role is to be part of an exciting, growing company at the forefront of their sector. They are based in stylish offices close to Oxford and include many benefits in the highly competitive package.
Some international travel may be required.
Keywords: Innovative product design, prototype, CAD, materials, plastics, fluid, membranes, optics, ultrasonic, customer liaison, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.