Senior / Principal Scientist (Engineering) (24203)
Based on university spin-out technology, this company has developed scientific instrumentation used in molecular diagnostics. Their technology is applied to areas such as proteomics, analytical chemistry and bioprocessing. They are expanding their R&D team and are looking for Senior and Principal level Scientists to join them.
- MSc / PhD in experimental physics, biophysics or similar.
- Extensive project experience (PhD / postdoc or commercial) in R&D for scientific instrumentation engineering – experience with development of mass spectrometry or liquid chromatography technology would be desirable.
- Broad hands-on experience of vacuum systems, ion optics, molecular diagnostics and bioprocessing analytics.
- Further experience of CAD, data processing (Python / VB / LabVIEW) would be desirable.
- An appreciation of IP is beneficial.
The role is to work within a team and also be a technical point of contact for customers. Applicants must already have full rights to work in the UK indefinitely and ideally be already based in the UK. In return, an excellent remunerations package is available.
Note, this role is looking for a physicist to build engineering instruments. We are not looking for users of scientific mass spectrometry / vacuum systems, but applicants who have developed applications based on these technologies.
Physics, Molecular Diagnostics, Proteomics, Vacuum Systems, Ion Optics, Scientific Instrumentation, R&D
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.