C++ Software Engineer (24247)
If you’d enjoy the challenge of working in C++ on engineering software, used by industry to design and develop complex products, this could be the job for you.
This top company’s tools address the whole product design and development lifecycle from concept to manufacture; users are engineers themselves. Their Cambridge office are responsible for core software systems and act as a pool of experts and troubleshooters whose services are in global demand.
To join them you will have:
- 1st or 2:1 in computer science or a related subject from a top university
- Proven commercial experience developing engineering / scientific software
- A strong and detailed knowledge of C and C++ (STL, Boost)
- Experience with SQL (Oracle and/or SQL Server), Visual Studio, Java, Linux
- The ability to compare and contrast both agile and waterfall processes
- An interest in scalable software architecture and international collaboration
- Clear thinking and analytical problem solving skills
You will get to turn your thinking to problems with real world engineering data, producing software used by many skilled engineers around the world. This will tax your analytical mind and your ability to develop a cogent mental model of complex real world processes – and will be a chance to work and speak with smart people in the UK, US and beyond.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.