Senior Embedded Software Engineer (24279)
This established company develop cutting edge medical devices and are currently seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. Many of the systems you will be working on will include electronics, optics, fluidics, robotics and UI components thus requiring an all-round engineering knowledge, attention to detail and good team work skills.
Each project is different and you will get involved at all stages of the product development lifecycle. As a senior engineer you will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously, taking responsibility for the delivery of the assigned task.
To meet the requirements of this role, in addition to an excellent degree in a relevant subject such as software engineering, electronics engineering or computer science, you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of either C or C++
- Experience in developing real time embedded software on bare metal or by means of an RTOS
- A working knowledge of how to interface microcontrollers with various sensors and actuators
- Good communication and presentation skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- A background in control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- Experience in programming under Windows, Linux, Android or iOS
- Knowledge of another programming language or a scripting language
- A background or experience in system modelling using UML or SysML
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, nuclear or defence)
Keywords: C, C++, embedded, medical
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.