Looking to make a real difference? This well-funded and reputable, even prestigeous non-profit organisation are major contributors to real world issues around the climate, green technology and ecosystems worldwide.
Join them as their Head of Software and lead an Agile development team to explore and explain cutting edge environmental research, bring knowledge accessibly to the public through web technology. You’ll also have a seat on the panel who help decide the future and focus of the organisation as a whole.
As well as a strong technical degree in a relevant subject from a top university, you’ll bring:
- A strong development background with significant commercial experience
- A clear knowledge of modern web technologies and their Agile development
- An equal appreciation for the development culture around modern web frameworks – to be on the same wavelength as your team
- The ability to maintain both a “big picture” view and to apply your attention to detail in point cases – you'll be speaking with clients and maintaining good relationships
- The experience to embrace rapid development, iteration, prototyping and experimentation – keeping your team enthused and focused and listening to their ideas
- A genuine desire to make a difference, as your views will help shape the organisation
This role is one of leadership - if you have time to code, that’s great, but your primary responsibility is to head up the group.
The successful candidate will embark on a career with a benevolent organisation with excellent gender diversity. They offer a top salary with benefits including an exceptional pension scheme for your long term future.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.