Embedded Software Engineer (24401)
The opportunity to join a company providing unique solutions to some of the hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection and communications.
The role requires all-round software development skills with the emphasis on embedded operating systems and applications. This will initially focus on embedded Linux operating systems and applications but requires the ability to quickly learn new languages and skills, so as to contribute across a range of activities.
With a top technical degree from a good university, you should be comfortable developing software for a variety of platforms.
- Be an enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently
- Be prepared to learn new skills quickly in order to react to changing demands
- Have good communications skills
- Have good organisation skills
- In-depth knowledge of embedded Linux operating systems/board support packages
- Developing real time software in C
- Experience with debugging and optimising embedded code: finding problems and bottlenecks and fixing them
One or more of the following areas of domain experience (or similar) is also desirable:
- Linux driver development (preferably on ARM platforms)
- Familiarity with software-hardware interfacing
- Application development for embedded Linux or Android platforms
- Python, Perl, C++, C#, Objective C, Java, Bash/other scripting languages
- Build systems, source control & defect tracking
- Communications protocols
- Wireless technologies
- Test frameworks and design-for-test methodology
- Relevant commercial domain experience in medical, sensors or defence
- A record of open source software contributions
- Windows programming
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve, HMG security clearance up to at least SC level.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.