Senior Linux Software Engineer (24410)
Do you have extensive experience in Linux / UNIX development? Do you relish problem solving with a creative and imaginative approach to programming in Python or C? Would you like to work for a company that retains the feel of a start-up but offers the security of a well-established business? If so, please read on…
A leading global company has recently opened offices in the centre of Cambridge and is looking for bright and experienced software engineers to join their small, focused and friendly team, working on cutting edge cloud management solutions.
The work would involve:
- Designing and developing new features
- Ensuring the quality, reliability and security of the software
- Leading the development of features from concept through to market
- Mentoring other software engineers as the team grows
- Interacting with open source communities
To excel in this role you will have:
- An excellent degree (2.1 or above) in Computer Science or similar technical subject from a top Russell Group university
- At least 4 years of industry experience
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of UNIX / Linux
- Good knowledge of C and Python, preferably for enterprise-quality software
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed systems and x86 architecture in particular
- Experience with virtualisation and / or distributed storage and network management systems, such as KVM and QEMU
- Enthusiasm for interacting with open source communities preferred
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Linux, Python, C, virtualisation, open source, software development
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.