Chemist - Materials Scientist (24437)
Do you find chemistry fascinating in all its forms? Are you keen to explore and apply your knowledge in the laboratory and see it make an impact on real-world technical challenges? If so, please read on.
This Cambridge based company offer an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects incorporating chemistry and materials science in industrial, consumer and energy sectors. Encouraging their staff to achieve the very best work of their careers, they are happy for their people to pursue the projects that interest them and to take control of the direction of their own careers.
Work could involve advising clients on new applications for their recently developed materials, or being a vital part of the design of new products, such as working on liquid microstructural control of emulsions or foams. Encompassing experimental design and implementation, as well as writing technical reports and programmes of work, you would be deeply involved in projects that require a multidiscipline approach.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- An excellent degree (2.1 or above from a top Russell Group university) and/or a PhD in chemistry, materials science or a closely related subject
- Commercial experience of applying your chemical and material science knowledge in fast moving, multidiscipline projects
- An appetite for practical, hands-on research, with the ability to plan appropriately to meet the commercial targets of the projects
- The ability to identify and apply the most appropriate material, method or techniques to meet a wide range of technical challenges
- An enquiring, imaginative and technically creative mind
Experience and a good knowledge of optics, spectroscopy, sensors and electronics would also be particularly useful.
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: chemistry, materials, optics, sensors, spectroscopy, electrochemistry, fluidics
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.