Innovative UNIX / Linux Software Engineer (24466)
An experienced and innovative UNIX / Linux software engineer is sought by a global company that has recently opened offices in the middle of Cambridge. Having kept the feel of a start-up, whilst being backed by a well-established business, they are looking to build their small and friendly team of engineers to pioneer cloud management systems.
If you have an enthusiasm for UNIX / Linux software development and are happy to attack problems using Python or C to bring about creative, efficient and reliable solutions, this might be the role for you.
The work would involve:
- Ensuring the quality, reliability and security of the software
- Leading the design and development of features from concept through to market
- Mentoring other software engineers as the team grows
- Interacting with open source communities
To excel in this role you will have:
- An excellent degree (2.1 or above) in Computer Science or a similar technical subject from a top Russell Group university
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of UNIX / Linux and at least 2 years of industry experience
- Good knowledge of C and Python, preferably for enterprise-quality software
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed systems and x86 architecture in particular
- Experience with virtualisation and / or distributed storage and network management systems, such QEMU
- Enthusiasm for interacting with open source communities preferred
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.