MEMS / Microfluidics Engineer (24474)
This medium sized, successful Cambridgeshire company seeks a MEMS / Microfluidics Engineer who has a track record of creative insight that sets the direction in research, technology or advanced product development projects.
As the MEMS / Microfluidics Engineer you will have an excellent technical degree and probably a PhD in relevant topic, most likely from a top university. More recently you will have gained broad experience in semiconductor and MEMS/MOMS/MST/micro-fluidics processes along with exposure to practical microfabrication.
Candidates should have:
- Commercial experience developing microfluidic / MEMS devices in academia or industry
- Microfluidic / MEMS device (micro) fabrication, process design, characterisation and testing knowledge
- Experience working with glass, silicon, III/V, polymer and/or ceramics
- Fluency with common microfabrication processes and protocols, ideally working with multiple materials
- Understanding of fabrication process safety and clean room environments will be a big plus
An excellent opportunity to join the Life Science-focussed team within a well-respected company in the Cambridgeshire area, facing leading edge challenges with the chance to progress quickly within the company.
Keywords: MEMS, microfluidics, fabrication, engineering, photolithography, bonding, embossing, soft-lithography, wet/dry etching, metal evaporation/sputtering, PECVD, plasma surface treatment, electroplating, metrology, wirebonding, wafer dicing, chip testing, RCA, FMA, VRK, Pareto, Poke-Yoke, consultancy, 1st, PhD, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.