Principal Test Engineer (24483)
Are you a test specialist, experienced at being involved at the very start of projects, even before a line of code is written, using your analytical and questioning skills to test concepts, requirements and user journeys?
In this senior role with this leading company you will work with the development team to define the direction of the testing activities and the choice of tooling. You will lead and perform testing activities on the project, adapting to the project needs and making sure that all appropriate aspects of testing are considered from functional to non-functional.
As a test specialist, you will need to be aware of several forms of testing. You don't have to know how to do all of them, but need to appreciate what is required, be willing to learn new skills and coordinate getting it done.
We would like to hear from people who have experience in/with:
- Planning, designing and performing test activities across a full system of multiple components
- Technically leading and guiding multi-functional development teams to improve quality at all levels
- Communicating to a range of people throughout the organisation including clients
- A good degree in a relevant technical or scientific discipline
- Strong Python skills, particularly in the areas of implementing networking protocols and analysing data transfers
- A good knowledge of networking and network configuration in Linux, particularly with Ubuntu and Red Hat distros
- A deep understanding of continuous build, integration and source control
- Experience of architecting software test systems
- Virtualisation technologies
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.