Embedded C++ Developer (24579)
A new start-up that is already profitable, is seeking a collaborative systems-level developer to join their friendly and successful team, based in the centre of Cambridge. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced programmer to take on interesting and technically challenging work, covering a broad range of projects and utilising different platforms.
The company offers plenty of opportunities to develop your skills in a friendly, fast paced working environment, working on the newest versions or even yet-to-be -released versions of the most popular operating systems. If travel interests you, there are also opportunities to attend international conferences or to visit sites in Japan, USA and Europe, but this is not essential.
Requirements for this role include:
- extensive experience in programming for Linux or Android using C++
- experience with networking and multithreaded applications, including debugging and analysis
- good understanding of OS internals, including system architectures, kernel mechanisms, synchronisation and inter-process / thread communications
Other beneficial skills include:
- protocol design, compression or security
- IOS development, ideally in Objective-C and experience in cross-platform solutions
- Python, Java, Linux toolchains
- Creating and supporting toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
You will need a good degree, ideally in Computer Science, from a top university and strong A-level grades, plus full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Embedded, C++, wireless, multithreaded, mobile OS platforms, C, Python, kernel
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.