Software Test Engineer (24662)
This top Cambridge company produces innovative, sensor-laden smart devices, making use of the latest in geospatial positioning technology. Their powerful, highly interactive software applications offer interactive real-time visualisations, with all sorts of applications from entertainment through healthcare and security. They are now seeking a skilled software test engineer to join their team.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 in a relevant technical subject from a good university
- Several years’ full time commercial experience as a software test engineer on Linux and/or Windows, preferably both
- Good Python, bash or comparable scripting ability for tests
- To be conversant with C++; reading developer code and instrumenting it for automated testing
- Experience using virtualisation in your work, ideally as part of a multi-platform or multi-configuration test suite, spinning up virtual machines to run sets of automated tests
- An understanding of common network protocols, and to be comfortable setting up hardware and software to test.
Naturally you will have experience creating good tests and test plans, ensuring adequate coverage, as well as good analytical skills, good time management and communication skills and attention to detail. Additional experience with C# and the .NET Framework is beneficial.
The company offers flexible working to all staff, and a good benefits package. There are only a half dozen major deadlines per year, so you’re entering a collaborative and low stress technical environment. Developers, testers and other staff sit together.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.