Embedded Software Developer in Test (24678)
Our client develops and builds bespoke hardware devices and a corresponding software platform which allows ordinary users to take control of their energy usage. With a successful launch, the company is looking to expand significantly over the next year to develop their next generation product.
They are seeking an Embedded Software Developer / Developer in Test to work on the core embedded product as well as develop custom-built automated test suites across the complete software platform. This role will be split equally between these two activities, viz:
- Design and implementation of embedded software for bespoke products comprising microcontrollers, sensors and comms - these interoperate with cloud applications (also designed in-house)
- Development of an automated test framework to integrate Open Source test tools and devise test cases to exercise your colleagues’ code to the limit!
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A good academic background, with a 2.1 or above in a software, engineering or science degree from a well-ranked university
- Some commercial experience in embedded software development
- Solid programming experience in embedded C / C++ and preferably a scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with software test development and creation of flexible and scalable test frameworks from scratch
- Good knowledge of automation tools (such as Selenium), modern development practices and source control.
On offer to the right candidate is a competitive salary and benefits, including the opportunity to share in the company’s success. The modern and comfortable offices are in central London, close to major transport links. With a small yet diverse set of engineers, the company are looking for enthusiastic and energetic developers to join their team.
Keywords: Embedded, C, C++, Python, ARM, RTOS, automation, Selenium, open source, London
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.