Embedded Systems Engineer (24734)
This London start-up continues to expand, growing their product range and markets and now seek an Embedded Systems Engineer to join the team. Already they have thousands of users for their cloud based security solutions for use in consumer and commercial computing and mobile device markets.
As an embedded software developer you will have an outstanding technical degree and sufficient commercial experience to be able to demonstrate the activities required within this position. Below is a list of the various activities and attributes you would demonstrate while carrying out this position:
- Project experience in multi-disciplined development environment
- Able to mitigate risks in design and hardware integration
- Proven track record of board bring-up of PCBs with FPGAs
- Thorough knowledge of C programming in an embedded context
- Experience of writing FPGA firmware, ideally in VHDL
- Python and/or bash scripting
- Building embedded Linux environments
- Version control system, especially git
- Investigating new technologies and performing rapid prototyping
- Implementing complex, networked software systems
Knowledge of the following would prove beneficial:
- Circuit board design and PCB schematics
- PCB design tools (ideally Altium Designer / Nexus)
- C++ and/or other languages
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and passionate software engineer to join this dynamic and challenging team, developing software to provide an unrivalled combination of security, usability and performance.
Keywords: Firmware Engineer, Embedded C, VHDL, board bring-up, Cloud based systems, Web technology, TCP/IP, cryptography, security, London
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.