Senior Mechanical Engineer (24779)
An experienced, hands-on Mechanical Engineer is sought to join this team to work on ground-breaking scientific instruments and technologies. Activities will include: Designing solutions from proof-of-concept to prototype development; Model parts, assemblies and produce technical drawings; Risk analysis and testing; Design for manufacture; and Working within ISO9001 and ISO13485 frameworks.
The role is within a multidisciplinary team, so good communication skills are required to present ideas and collaborate with other stakeholders.
- 1st / 2.1 in Mechanical Engineering from a top rank university AND 3+ years’ commercial experience developing technology based products.
- Demonstrable experience delivering products and evidencing a thorough understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Project management experience would be highly desirable as well as team leadership and working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Technical competence of fluidics, mechanics, materials and manufacture. Knowledge of electro-mechanical assemblies would be desirable.
- Expertise in 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks) for technical drawing and modelling.
The role would suit someone who enjoys problem solving and has an interest of the life science / healthcare sector. In return, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Keywords: Instrumentation, Prototyping, Fluidics / Electromechanical, SolidWorks / CAD
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.