Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (24794)
Our client is looking for a talented mechanical engineer who wants to develop some of the most novel and complex medical devices.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing mechanical solutions for a range of problems.
Your specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Identification of product requirements and compilation into specifications
- Creation and definition of technical solutions for product or system developments
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to build creative solutions
- Guiding and leading other specialists to support your technical solutions
- Generation of concepts and layouts of robust systems; based on engineering principles and realised in 3D CAD
- Designing components and products for different development stages
- Engineering analyses of system designs, including tolerance analysis
- Reduction of risks in a design through application of appropriate methods
- Transferring designs to manufacture through liaison with external suppliers
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation (requirement specifications for example)
- An excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or Product Design Engineering (2:1 or above from a leading university)
- Deep understanding of engineering principles
- Significant experience using 3D CAD, ideally SolidWorks or Creo
- Experience of planning, monitoring, controlling and delegating work
This is an excellent opportunity to create exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products developing innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to manufacture, often overcoming considerable technical challenges.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.