Senior Audio Research Engineer (24797)
An ambitious and growing Cambridge audio company, whose products and applications range from consumer electronics through to the automotive industry, have an exciting opportunity for someone committed to audio related, mathematical research. The company would be ideal for a candidate keen to join a burgeoning Cambridge start-up, to work on products that could be found in millions of homes in the near future.
The role will give the right candidate the chance to conduct original, fundamental research into blind audio source separation technology, as well as the chance to work on application specific issues, alongside the inventors of the company’s patented technology.
Key skills needed to be successful with your application for this role:
- Excellent mathematical skills, evidenced by either your PhD or your work experience
- Experience of using Python and/or C/C++ and/or MATLAB to produce prototyping algorithms
- A solid background in audio signal processing or speech processing
- A real fervour and appetite for audio technology and research
Other desirable experience that will make you stand out from the crowd would include:
- Bayesian methods, optimisation theory, complex tensor calculus and machine learning
- Technical writing and experience with filing and supporting patents
You will need a PhD from a top university and a good degree (2.1 or above) preferably in Maths or Physics, together with strong A-level grades. Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Audio signal processing, Python, C, C++, algorithms, Bayesian methods, research
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.