Control and Test Engineer (24833)
Our client is a technology design and engineering company, and is entering an exciting new phase of growth.
They are looking for a dynamic and ambitious engineer to join their growing team of world-class technologists and make your mark on their technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into the market place. They are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role may involve some travel, typically to Asia, to support the implementation of the control and test processes developed in Cambridge.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering/Physical Science (ideally a first class degree from a top university and a PhD)
- Strong skills in experimental design
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- A working understanding of mechanics
- Ideally proficient software skills, in C and/or MATLAB
You will also ideally have experience of:
- developing test equipment
- developing robust control systems, ideally for controlling actuators
- working with microprocessors
- transferring new technology into high volume mass production
Your salary will be very competitive and dependent on relevant academic and industrial experience.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.