MEMS Engineer (24888)
This diverse and successful Cambridge company seeks a hands-on scientist / engineer with an excellent knowledge of MEMS and practical microfabrication. This role will involve a good proportion of time in the client’s microfabrication cleanroom, where you will use your creative insight to develop innovative ideas into solutions.
This is a great opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers on a range of innovative projects in areas such as biomedical fluidics, optics, sensors and electronics.
Your CV will demonstrate the following:
- An MEng/MSc and PhD in engineering, physics, biology, electronics or similar from a highly-ranked university
- Good experience developing microfluidic / MEMS devices, either in post graduate research or industry
- Experience within life sciences or biomedical research/industry
- Comprehensive MEMS process knowledge in photolithography, bonding, embossing, wet/dry techniques
- Experience working with glass, silicon and polymers
- Fluency with common microfabrication processes and protocols, ideally working with multiple materials
- Understanding of fabrication process safety and clean room environments will be a big plus
This is a superb opportunity to join the Life Science-focussed team within a well-respected company in the Cambridgeshire area, facing leading edge challenges with the chance to progress quickly within the company.
Keywords: MEMS, bio-MEMS, microfluidics, microwells, PCR, bio-sensing, organ-on-chips, fabrication, engineering, photolithography, bonding, embossing, soft-lithography, wet/dry etching, metal evaporation/sputtering, PECVD, metrology, consultancy, 1st, PhD, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.